Sunday, January 02, 2005

How Inhumane or How Human

Again I am sickened by just how hatefully we treat one another.

I sat here drinking a mint/chocolate flavored hot cocoa and I was content as much as I could be with the nagging thought of the almost 300,000 people the have just died in the tsunami, the pain their surviving families must be enduring, along with the other million now hungy displaced souls. That was an unfortunate natural disaster in which I can't fret, only grieve. Then I received an e-mail from someone I didn't recognize.

It was the best friend of a recent acquaintance. I only know her as Dixie. The friend informed me that my recent internet pen-pal, Susan, living in Jacksonville FL was now in the hospital in serious condition.

Just a little background, Susan, age 33, was going through a divorce, only separated, when I first chatted with her. She was wishing that her divorce would be final by Christmas and would once again feel that her life could move forward. She has a daughter who is 5 years old.

On Monday Dec 27th, around 5 pm, Susan messaged me the she was once again single as of 3:42 pm. She was very excited. I joked how single life was treating her.

Yesterday Dixie messaged me that Susan was now in the hospital and her ex husband came to her place and viciously beat her in front of their daughter. He did a lot of internal damage to her.

I don't have the original text but I have the second one which was in response to a short message I had sent to Dixie:

Sender: dixie> To: Dave> Date: Jan 2, 2005 7:47 AM
> Dave, Susan deserves better than what happened to her. God should have never let that happen that is so so unfair. I have seen her Dave, she looks awful and she was so beautiful. I can the see the fear in her eyes even though they are bruised up. You can see it in her actions. Then her daughter Samantha who wants to be with her mother so bad doesb't understand why mommy can't come home. I listened the other day that child cried for hrs for her mommy. She has so much beauty and love for this world and her daughter is her strength. She will be back and she will be stronger and God help the person that thinks they are just going to walk right over her.
--------------------------------------------------->
Sender: Dave> To: dixie> Date: Jan 1, 2005 5:29 pm PST> >The lasting trauma and pain that Susan's ex just inflicted on her and her daughter is so unfair. How can someone be so cruel, especially to a person they used to love. This news is awful, I am sickened by it. I am so very sorry for her and Samantha. > Dave

Dixie mentions God......

God sustains "all things by his powerful word" (Hebrews 1:3). "His judgments are in all the earth" (2 Chronicles 16:14). Not one sparrow falls to the earth "apart from the will of your Father" (Matthew 10:29).

In Genesis, Adam and Eve sinned and allowed the future free will of Man (and women) and sins to exist...........

His plans cannot be thwarted (Job 42:2; Psalm 33:11; Isaiah 14:24). God "works out everything in accordance with the purpose of his will" (Ephesians 1:11)

So God knew the sins would exist, they were of is planning. I would like to understand and become more faithful, but once again I am left with confusion. I could use some help on this.

Bottom line is I dont blame God, for Susan's trama. I dont think that he had anything to do with that event, just one idiot human. I do think the tsunami is a tragedy of biblical proportions.

I can only find fault in us. We are so callous and uncaring towards one another. We humans think we are so intelligent yet we commit such stupid, mean, hurtful, life-altering, acts of "human" indecency, to which I can and do fret and once again grieve.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home